Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ed Hardy-Inspired Tattoo Card


I'm tired. So tired as I write this post. Emotionally and physically. Tomorrow is the memorial service and internment (I probably spelled that wrong). It's going to be a long day as the internment will be at the Florida National cemetery which is at least an hour and a half away. I've been doing a lot (everything) to get ready for this. Cooking, organizing, phone calls, etc...

Anyway, it's not all bad. We've had such an outpouring of love from our church that it's a little overwhelming. The service will be nice, and maybe I'll sleep tomorrow night for the first time in a while. Next week Olivia has to have a brain MRI for some vision problems she's been having. So actually I may not get any rest for a while. Pass the ativan.


On to the card. A very nice lady gave me her Ed Hardy purse after I complimented her on it. As a thank you, I made the card above. I used my new Cricut Expression to cut the heart and sentiment, and handcut the white tattoo-style banner. The gold is stamped using Tim Holtz stamps and foiled with my Stampee foils (look for a review of that stuff next week). I'm so happy with this card because a) it's the first crafty-thing I've made in a while and 2) I did what I want without feeling like I had to buy anything to do it. I was inspired by a similar card made using the Cricut Indie Art cartridge, but I didn't have the money to buy the cartridge, even though I know I'd use it a lot. I went through my supplies and realized I could get the look I wanted with supplies I've been hoarding. Isn't that a great feeling? The red heart is stamped with a flourish stamp and the wings are from a set of chipboard pieces. I'll look up the manufacturer if anyone is interested, I just don't happen to remember.

No comments: