Friday, October 17, 2008

More Haunted House Halloween Cards

No other holiday or event has any many wonderfully cool papercraft products as Halloween. Scrapbook papers, punches, stamps and embellishments are at their best at Halloween, and I buy as many as I can. I especially love Haunted Houses. I have a few great Haunted House stamps, but unfortunately most of them are still in storage.

This is the new one from Stampin' Up! called "House of Haunts."

It's very cool, especially with the little cemetary scene in front. I'm not exactly thrilled with the colors, but it's still cute. In a few days I'm going to case this beautiful Haunted House card. I even got the Boards & Beams stamp set!

Not visible in these pictures in the glow in the dark paint I used to experiment with the haunted house. After stamping the house in black, I simply painted on a few accents on the windows with DecoArts Glow In The Dark paint. It makes a fun touch for a spooky card and kids go crazy for it!

Here is Olivia's(5 years old) version of the same card.


Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! House of Haunts
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Versamark, So Saffron
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, SU Cardstocks
Accessories: Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Border Punch, Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Spider Punch, Square Nestabilities

No comments: