Saturday, October 4, 2008

Zindorf-Inspired Halloween


Are you familiar with Michelle Zindorf's beautiful cards? Her blog has very detailed tutorials
describing her sponging and brayering techniques, I highly recommend a visit if you need a little (or a lot of) inspiration.

These cards are my interpretations. On the first (navy blue) card, I had a lot of help from my 5 year-old daughter. She decides that some stickles covering the entire card were in order. I actually like the shimmery effect on top of the brayering, and next time might try adding some twinkling H20s or something along those lines to add some shimmer without all the glitter. Remind me to hide the glitter...

Although I'm really happy with the scenes themselves, I always get stuck with appropriate placement and design on the card itself. I like the orange one because the focal point is square, and I put it on a square card. I should have done that with the blue one as well.

Recipe:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Halloween
Paper: Stampin' Up! (various colors)
Ink: SU! - Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, PTI - Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise

No comments: