Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Top Note Die Valentine Treat Box


Happy Wednesday! Did anyone else enjoy watching the Inauguration coverage yesterday? I did too! I also did a little crafting last night. My stamp area is still a mess but I hope to get it cleaned up today so that I can get some stamping done. I have a SCS swap due soon, and I can't seem to come up with any inspiration to get it done. Hopefully cleaning and organizing my area will help.

I wanted to make a box to show you a different way to use some of your dies. This one uses the negative space from the Top Note die from Stampin' Up!, but you could make a smaller box using a flower die, or anything you want. I made this box using some black cardstock and patterned paper I had on hand. I need to get some clear acetate sheets (i.e., from an overhead projector), then I will cut a rectangle to fit the top panel of the box. I'm going to "alter" some candy bars for my older daughter to give to a couple of good friends using the box.

Cut out your box according to the pattern you are using. Any box pattern will do, as long as it is big enough to fit the top note die. I created a pattern on my own, it's really very simple. If anyone is interested please post in the comments section and I will provide more detailed instructions on the cutting. Once you've cut your pieces, run the top through your die-cutting machine, then assemble the box. Add a piece of acetate to the top and some patterned paper to the bottom. I highlighted the die-cut area with a white gel pen, and add a little white flower from Eastern Elegance for an extra touch.

Enjoy!

Aimee

No comments: