Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Amy Butler Love:I Love It!


I really am "sewcrazy." (Blog title, duh) And if you read yesterday's vent you'll know that I've been thinking a lot about how I spend my time. I love crafts of any and every variety. Especially sewing and fabric. I've set it aside for the past couple of years as I finished graduate school and tried to take care of some things at home though. I had to leave my beloved sewing machine & tools in Indiana, which I'll be getting out of storage as soon as I possibly can. Believe me, once that happens I'll be sewing up a storm again!

In school, I was lucky to have two friends that were as obsessed with fabric as I was (xoxoxo Jenny & Rachel). We even had a blog! We'd spend the hours of constitutional law IMing each other links to various fabric sites. And I didn't really understand why law school required students to have laptops until then, it's really the only way to overcome the sheer mind-numbing boredom of the commerce clause without shooting myself in the foot.

So I was super excited today to come across the newest fabrics from Amy Butler. It's to-die-for gorgeous. Not only are her fabrics incredible, the patterns are great as well. Click here and here and here to see some older projects I made using Amy Butler.

And speaking of fabric love, check out the great Halloween projects (sewing & papercrafts!) from Heather Bailey and other bloggers this week.

I hope you're week is going well, and that you are inspired to revisit the activities you are passionate about as well!

No comments: