Monday, June 8, 2009

Que Sera Sera Anniversary Card


This was a ten-minute card. I found out at the last minute that two long-time family friends are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary today. Can you imagine? Me either. With that in mind, I wish I could say that I spent hours planning and perfecting this card, as certainly a 65th anniversary warrants something really special.

But let's be real, there sometimes just isn't time for that. This is one of those situations where being a stamper and having a stash comes in handy. I was able to pull enough together to make a decent enough card in a short time. And really, isn't that what this hobby is about? I know for a lot of people it's purely a matter of creative expression. And I feel that way as well, but I also do it for the practicality of it. There are so many occasions that require greeting cards, it's very satisying to be able to put it together myself.

I don't know what's wrong with my photos these days. Maybe I should try to put together a light box? It really ended up being a pretty card, mostly because of that Que Sera Sera scrapbook paper from K & Company. I don't know either of the stamp companies, but I cut the butterfly out and colored with Prismacolor pencils. Gold embossing using powder keg gold EP.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Wedding Anniversary Gifts said...

Wow! You are talented, this is a fantastic card to be made so quickly. 65 years is quite an achievement!

Michelle, NZ