Sunday, April 8, 2007

Random Thoughts

Oh crappy day! The weather is horrible and freezing cold, and no one is feeling very good today. Everyone is fighting a nasty cold as a result of the extreme temperature and humidity changes. I'm particular thankful that our building management decided NOT to turn off the heat yet this year. Last year they turned it off too early and ended up turning it on and off two or three times before the temps warm consistently. We live in one of those old Midwest buildings that requires the entire building to be drained (3 days) before the heat can be started. So switching from heat to air and vice-versa is not a simple affair.

We'll have a nice Easter dinner though! I've made this a few times and it's wonderful. As a result, I'm now a huge fan of Cooks Illustrated.

I did start two new projects today. One is an adorable tote made with Alexander Henry cowgirl fabrics. I used the new ruffler and I think this makes it very fresh and feminine.

The second is Simplicity 3882, which I picked up at the Jo-Anns weekend sale. I'm going to sew view C in a solid pistachio green knit for Lizzy. It's all cut out but I don't have any matching thread and I'll definitely need some for the top-stitching, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

No comments: