Thursday, February 5, 2009

Papertrey Bag Challenge

Today is Day 5 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary previews and challenges. And the best news is that PTI is going to be in Orlando for the CHA consumer show. Y'all KNOW how much I dig CHA and I'm super excited to meet my very favorite bloggers, Nichole, Michelle and Debbie (seriously, I'm in debt because of those three). I've already made my hotel reservations for Orlando, oh yea!

Today's contest involves creating or altering a bag. I really wanted to use fabric, I love making totes, but all my sewing supplies are still in Indiana (bwah!). Instead, I used paper and accessories to create a fully constructed bag using the same sewing techniques that I use in my totes. I have seams, lining and "lace" trim.

I'm going to keep this and give it to my Mom for mother's day. I also made a little brag book using the Top Note die (Stampin' Up!). Cosmo Cricket paper was layered on top of some Tim Holtz grungeboard (which cuts like buttah in the Big Shot). I simply hole punched the corner of the brag book, added some ribbon, and voila! It fit perfectly inside my little purse.
Enjoy!
Aimee

Recipe:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Pond Life (PTI)
Paper: Sweet Blush (PTI), Vintage Cream (PTI), Cosmo Cricket (patterned paper)
Accessories: Nestabilities, Hole Punch, Berry Sorbet Ink (PTI), Versamark, Crystal Brad (Making Memories), Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Doily Edge Punch

No comments: