Saturday, May 30, 2009

HOUSE OF 3 TEACHER CARDS



Monday begins the first day of the last week of Kindergarten. (tear). I've been making a ton of teacher thank you cards and gifts the past few weeks, which I'll show more of next week. I'll be glad next year when the oldest has graduated, that's one less set of cards I have to make. I really don't mind, but it's turned into a really big deal. Teacher card-giving has turned into a three-times a year event now with Teacher's Appreciation week, and even though I know most parents aren't recognizing all three (Christmas, Appreciation week, and end-of-year), I feel guilty for not sending something in.

I was tapped to make a class card that all the kids would sign. I ended up doing most of it in Adobe Photoshop, and printing the final card on Papertrey Ink cardstock. I used the Hello Teacher digital kit from houseof3.com, and arranged the images of the children to represent my daughter's class. I adjusted skin and hair tones in Photoshop, and I think the final result came out pretty cute. I'm going to use some of the other elements to make some little treat bags for the office and library staff.

No comments: