Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh Snap!

I know I said I wouldn't post until next week but 1) I'm having a hard time staying focused 2) I'm so excited about this that I wanted to share.




If you've ever checked out my list of craft obsessions to the right, you'll notice letterpress among them. Letterpress is the style of printing often seen on very fancy invitations and letterhead. The print and/or designs are pressed into soft, pillowly cardstock at the same time, resulting in the finished product. Have you ever been to Crane? If not, go and look at how elegant a card can look when created with letterpress. The effect really does not come across well on the computer, you should try to see some in person.

One of my interests has always been fine stationery. I love receiving very formal wedding invitations, which unfortunately are becoming fewer and fewer. And if you remember my Mardi Gras post you'll note my enchantment with vintage die-cut and embossed ephemera. Along these lines are the Accucut Pinnovation dies, which allow printed materials to be die cut. However the price range and my limited personal need for such products place it out of my reach. (I should note that I think I can rig the new Sizzix Big Shot Pro dies to fulfill this for me).

The other missing piece is a practical way of home letterpress. I have sketched ways of doing this using my Big Shot. Letterpress is such a natural extension of embossing folders, and now I'm so excited because Quickutz is releasing a new product that will do home letterpress!!

They just launched the web site, and while I have more questions than answers (price? will this work with my Big Shot?), I am really excited about this!

Check out the new Lifestylecraft.com web site here!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

oh I just found out about this today and I am SO excited!! I really really hope it works in the big shot!